(the “Official Rules”)
This is our Canada CONTEST
1. ENTRY PERIOD & CONTEST SPONSORS
- The Contest is brought to you by the following entity (individually, the “Contest Sponsor”): Rexall;
- The Contest entry period (the “Entry Period”) starts at 9:00:00AM on Friday, June 23rd, 2017 and continues until 11:59:59PM on Monday, July 10th, 2017. All times referenced in these Official Rules are ET.
2. HOW TO ENTER
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter this Contest. Entry is subject to these Official Rules, including without limitation the conditions of entry set forth below. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
- To enter and receive one (1) Contest entry: (i) go online to rexallpromotions.ca during the Entry Period and click on the Contest banners, buttons and/or links to access the online entry form for the Contest. Complete the online entry form as instructed, including all required information, and submit your entry as instructed during the Entry Period.
- ENTRY LIMIT: Limit one (1) entry per person, regardless of the email address, telephone numbers or addresses provided, per day.
- Any attempt or suspected attempt to enter this Contest in a fashion not authorized by these Official Rules shall be deemed to be tampering and will void all of your entries. Entries that contain false information and/or are late, lost, stolen, falsified, illegible, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or entries that have been submitted using robotic, automated, programmed, or through illicit means, or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of these Official Rules, as determined in the Contest Sponsors’ absolute discretion, will be judged null and void and disqualified. Only entries received by Rexall will be considered. Proof of entry transmission shall not constitute proof of receipt. Rexall reserves the right to refuse any entry in its absolute discretion. The sole determinant of time for valid online entry in this Contest will be the Contest website’s server machine(s).
- Although this Contest may be communicated, promoted, or administered by means of any third party social media or social networking service or site (each, a “Third Party Service”), entrants acknowledge that: (i) this Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Service; (ii) if entry into this Contest is by means of a Third Party Service, entrants must have a valid account with the applicable Third Party Service (and may be required to have a public (i.e. non-private) account in order to participate) and must comply with the applicable Third Party Service’s terms and policies; and (iii) any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Contest should be directed to the Contest Sponsors and not to any Third Party Service. By participating in this Contest, you completely release any Third Party Service of all liability in relation to any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation.
3. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY. By entering this Contest, you:
- agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including without limitation the eligibility requirements set forth below;
- agree to be bound by the decisions of the Contest Sponsors and their representatives, or the Contest judges (if any), which decisions are final, binding and conclusive (without appeal) on all matters relating to the Contest;
- represent and warrant that your entry, including any material comprising your entry including your name, email address, address, postal code or and all other personal information collected on the entry form (collectively, the “Entry Material”) (i) is original to you and you have the proper government identification to prove this if requested and (iii) any opt-in opportunities on the Contest microsite to receive further materials from the Contest Sponsor or Administrator will not improve your chances of winning. All opt-in opportunities will be used to receive further marketing materials from Rexall.
- understand and agree that: (i) your entry (including any Entry Material) may not be returned to you upon submission to the Contest and may be refused as entry to this Contest, as determined by Rexall in its sole discretion; and (ii) Rexall may, in its absolute discretion, moderate and/or remove and/or edit any Entry Material, including to blur out any trademarks or to remove any copyrighted content or otherwise unsuitable content (as determined by Rexall);
- waive all claims of moral rights in your entry and/or Entry Material and in any use thereof in accordance with these Official Rules.
- This Contest is open only to residents of Canada in the provinces of Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta, Saskatchewan & British Columbia who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence as of the date of entry.
- The following individuals are not eligible to enter the Contest:
- employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of: (1) the Contest Sponsors and their parent and affiliated companies, (2) the Contest prize supplier(s), (3) the Contest judges, if applicable, and (4) any and all other companies associated with the Contest;
- a household member of any of the individuals listed in (i), above, whether or not related;
- members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling) of the individuals listed in (i), above, regardless of where they reside.
- The Contest Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to enter the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTION
There is one (1) Grand Prize consisting of 20,000 AIR MILES® Reward Miles* (retail value: $3,160.00 CDN). There is one (1) Second Prize consisting of 5,000 AIR MILES® Reward Miles* (retail value: $790.00 CDN). There is one (1) Third Prize consisting of a $500.00 CDN) Rexall Gift Card. There is one (1) Fourth Prize of a Made In Canada “Be Better” Gift Basket (retail value: $100.00 CDN). There is one (1) Fifth Prize of a Made In Canada “Nosh & Co Snacking” Gift Basket (retail value: $100.00 CDN).
Total Prizes have a value of approximately $4,650.00 CDN.
* You must own a valid AIR MILES® account in your name to claim this prize if declared the prize winner
6. ODDS OF WINNING
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the duration of the contest entry period.
7. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS
- The terms and conditions contained in this Section apply to the Contest prize awarded pursuant to these Official Rules:
- No financial compensation will be made or required if actual prize value is lower than the total value quoted in these Official Rules.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, transfer, exchange or assignment, unless otherwise determined in the absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors and/or prize supplier(s). Prize may not be exactly as advertised. Except as expressly warranted herein, prize is provided “as is” without further warranty of any kind.
- Any unused portion of the prize, once awarded, will be deemed forfeited by the applicable winner, and no financial compensation will be made or required in respect of such unused portion. Prize will not be replaced if lost, destroyed, mutilated or stolen.
- The Contest Sponsors and/or the prize supplier(s) reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or a component of a prize with a prize or a component of a prize (as applicable) of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, a monetary award, if the prize or prize component cannot be awarded by the Contest Sponsors and/or the prize supplier(s) for any reason without liability.
- Once awarded, prize may not be resold or commercially traded in any manner, directly or indirectly, and Rexall reserves the right to ban or disqualify any entrant from any contest, including future contests, should it reasonably believe such entrant to have acted or attempted to act in contravention of the foregoing restriction.
- Random draws from all eligible entries received will be made by a representative of the Contest Sponsors on the respective Prize Draw Date outlined above (conducted by the Independent Judging Organization (“My Brother Darryl”) at 20440 Simcoe St, Seagrave, Ontario at approximately 2:00 pm on or about July 11th, 2017 from amongst all eligible online entries received on or before the Contest closing date). The selected entrant will be notified by email from (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the email address provided at the time of entry within three (3) days of the draw date. In the event any potential winner does not respond to such notification within three (3) business days , declines a prize for any reason, and/or does not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, as determined by the Contest Sponsors in their absolute discretion, he/she will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited and, in the Contest Sponsors’ discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries, or the Contest prize may be cancelled.
- To be declared a winner, a potential winner must: (i) correctly answer (as determined in the absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors) without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; (ii) be in full compliance with these Official Rules; and, (iii) sign and return a mandatory declaration of release of liability and consent to publicity form (the “Release Form”) within the time period specified in the Declaration Form, and any other documentation as may reasonably be required by the Contest Sponsors in their absolute discretion.
- The potential winner may be required to provide proof of identification to the Contest Sponsors and/or prize supplier(s), as applicable, when claiming a prize or otherwise in connection with this Contest to facilitate the accurate identification of a Contest winner.
- Once confirmation of a Contest winner is complete in accordance with the terms of these Official Rules, the Contest Sponsors and/or any prize suppliers will promptly coordinate prize distribution. Except as otherwise determined in the absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors and/or prize supplier(s), as applicable, upon notification, a winner must personally take delivery of his/her prize from the office or location of the Contest Sponsors and/or prize supplier(s) (as selected by the Contest Sponsors in their reasonable discretion) within thirty (30) days of being notified that such prize is available or within such other time period as may reasonably be advised by the Contest Sponsors. If a winner fails to comply with the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, he/she will be deemed to have forfeited his/her prize.
9. RELEASE OF LIABILITY, INDEMNITY
By entering this Contest, you: (a) agree to remise, release and forever discharge the Contest Sponsors, their respective parent and affiliated companies, any and all other companies associated with the Contest (including suppliers of materials or services related to the Contest), and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, debts, dues, accounts, claims, damages or liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including, without limitation, costs or losses related to personal injuries, death, legal fees, damage to, loss or destruction of property, and rights of publicity, personality, privacy and/or intellectual property (each, a “Claim”) arising out of, or in any way related to, your participation in the Contest and/or the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any Contest prize (or any portion thereof), or any travel or activity that is related to the receipt or use of any Contest prize; and (b) agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releasees from and against any and all Claims arising from (i) your breach of these Official Rules, including the breach of any representations or warranties contained herein, (ii) your participation in the Contest, (iii) your acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any Contest prize (or any portion thereof), if applicable, or (iv) the use of any Entry Fields in accordance with the rights granted in these Official Rules.
10. CONSENT TO PUBLICITY
By accepting a Contest prize, if applicable, you authorize the Contest Sponsors and each of their respective licensees, successors, assigns, agents, representatives and employees the right, license and permission to record, photograph and/or otherwise capture or document you and/or your likeness, including without limitation your voice and any statements you may make regarding the Contest prize, by any available means, and to use any such recordings, photographs or documents, as well as your image and/or likeness appearing therein, and your biographical information, including your name, city and province/territory of residence, throughout the world and in perpetuity, in all manner and media, whether now known or hereafter devised, for advertising or promotional purposes relating to the Contest (or any substantially similar contest), without limitation and without compensation or additional consideration, notification, or permission of any kind, unless prohibited by law; and you waive any rights that you may have or that may otherwise exist in respect of any materials produced pursuant to the foregoing, including without limitation rights of inspection, approval, compensation, additional consideration or notification, and moral rights.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
The Releasees are not responsible for: (a) stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, postage-due or garbled entries, transmissions, email or mail; (b) lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider, website, or other connections, including those through and/or by any website; c) jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (d) failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems, any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication; (e) non-delivered, misdirected, blocked, or delayed email notifications; (f) printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials; or (g) any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Contest-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any event. The Releasees are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, including without limitation where caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. The Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of any website.
- Laws and Rules. This Contest will be run in accordance with these Official Rules, which shall be subject to amendment by Rexall without notice or liability to you. You must comply with these Official Rules and will be deemed to have received and understood these Official Rules by participating or attempting to participate in this Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these Official Rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Official Rules are governed exclusively by the laws of the province or territory in which you reside, and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of such province or territory. Rights and remedies may vary by province or territory.
- Cancel and Amend. Rexall reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend this Contest or to amend these Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, bug, corruption, security breach or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsors, Rexall reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest and/or conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries.
- Conduct. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to disqualify without notice, and/or ban from this Contest and any future contests, any entrant that they find to be: violating these Official Rules; tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Contest website; acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.