IV Infusion Services
During transitions of care, our pharmacy team works in collaboration with prescribers and other healthcare providers, to ensure that infusion therapy is working optimally for the patient. These therapies are delivered in the home, allowing patients to recover in a comfortable setting while reducing the demands for beds in acute care.
Rexall Health Solutions integrates highly specialized pharmacy services that support the values of community integration and therapy-in-place for patients. We work collaboratively with Community Care Access Centres (CCACs), local hospice, long-term care homes and other local care providers, offering coordinated delivery of medication, supplies and equipment. We provide a comprehensive range of drug therapies and clinical support that promote evidence based practice.
Sterile medications are prepared under the careful monitoring of our expert pharmacists. We provide the highest standards of Quality Assurance, USP <797>, and have been Accredited with exemplary standing under the Accreditation Canada Qmentum program.
Our services in support of prescribers and other healthcare providers include:
- Wide range of therapies for infectious diseases
- Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN)
- Electrolyte hydration
- Palliative care and pain medications
- Anti-emetic therapies – pre/post chemotherapy
- Cytotoxic medications
- Weekly/monthly/yearly bisphosphonate therapy for osteoporosis and bone mineral density maintenance
- Medical supplies to support these many therapies
- Symptom control kits for end of life patients
- Training delivered by pharmacists with expertise in adult learning
- Support for the development of policies and procedures
- Medical device support
- 24/7 after hours support