Introducing Health & Wellness expert
Tosca Reno is a health and wellness expert motivational speaker, and New York Times bestselling author. Reno is passionate about sharing her knowledge and first-hand experience with others, and she wants to inspire you to live healthy, and eat clean.
Visit this page monthly to learn all about new healthy eating and healthy living habits
The body is supremely wise and able to keep itself in a state of healthy balance, most of the time. However, when we are stressed and nutritionally depleted, it is more difficult to maintain that balance. Minerals, a critical source of nutrient power in our body, rank highest as a group of micronutrients in which most of us are deficient.
We can remedy this through remembering this interesting acronym: SHHOVFD (pronounced “shoved”). Each letter in the acronym stands for an element of our wellness that applies to absorbing minerals. Let’s learn what each letter stands for.
- Systemic pH. It’s important to have a neutral pH in the blood. The normal range for pH is 7.4
- Hydration. It is critical to keep hydration levels high, yet water is still the #1 nutritional deficiency in North America. Strive to drink 3 litres per day.
- Hormones. Numerous hormones play critical roles in managing healthy mineral and vitamin balance.
- Other minerals. Each mineral works in a close relationship with another mineral. Calcium works with potassium. Sodium and potassium. Zinc and copper. Pay attention to balancing the intake of your minerals for optimal health.
- Vitamins. Certain vitamins are required to enhance absorption of minerals, particularly vitamin D. Vitamin D increases absorption of the critical hormones necessary to balance blood pH.
- Fatty Acids. Fatty acids play the important role of helping to drive minerals and vitamins into the tissues. When we eat enough of these in an optimal balance, we can better absorb nutrients.
- Digestion. Nutrients are consumed through diet but if we cannot digest them properly we cannot absorb them. What is needed for optimal digestion is plenty of HCl or hydrochloric acid. The stomach makes this acid on its own naturally, to digest proteins and other foodstuffs. However, in our busy lives, we often have compromised digestion. That makes it essential to support digestion by taking time to eat properly, chew food thoroughly and increase consumption of fermented foods.
The views and opinions expressed are those of the author. They do not reflect the opinions or views of Rexall, Rexall PharamPlus or its members. Always check with your Pharmacist or Doctor before beginning any new health program.
Click here to Learn More!